Well, it's been over 4 months since Matt and I got married. (Crazy how time flies!) During this time, I made sure that I kept important artifacts from our Big Day tucked away in a safe place (I used our invitation, save-the-date magnet, "Our Story" insert from the program, pics from our photobooth, seashells that were on our cake, and flowers from my bouquet and my husband's boutonniere). A few weeks ago I was reading the Young House Love blog and was inspired to finally do something with the momentos I'd been saving . . .
Create a wedding shadow box! Genius!
To my joy I picked up a shadow box for just $12.00 from Michael's (on sale for 40% off). This particular shadow box has a maximum space of 11/16'' inside the frame. Make sure to consider how thick your artifacts are to ensure the frame will seal when you're done. :)
(Note: Due to a lack of natural light on this dreary day and insufficient skills to jazz up the pics in Photoshop, I will warn you that these pictures aren't top quality. I'll work on perfecting this for later posts.)
First, I gathered my treasures and necessary scrapbooking supplies.
I chose to use the cardboard that came in the back of the frame as the foundation. Next, I covered it with scrapbooking paper. Then, I spent the bulk of my time arranging and rearranging the layout of my frame.
After finalizing my layout, I tacked everything down with scrapbooking adhesives such as Glue Dots.
Finally, it was time to frame this thing! Take a look at the final product!
What have you done (or plan to do) to save momentos from your Big Day?
Feel free to comment
No comments:
Post a Comment